Tuesday 1 November 2016

20-Year-Old Player, Tyronne Ebuehi, Rejects Nigeria's Invite




Tyronne Ebuehi has rejected Nigeria’s invite to take part in the Russia 2018 qualifying match against Algeria on November 12.

Though excited at being handed a maiden call-up by the Super Eagles’ handler, the Haarlem-born youngster stated on ADO Den Haag’s official website that he has his attention fixed on the Kyocera Stadion outfit.

“I see it as a great honor that I’m noted in my homeland,” Ebuehi told club official website.

“But at this moment ADO Den Haag requires my full attention. Especially now that I’m settled in the team. Therefore, now it seems to me it does not seem the right time to travel to Nigeria for the match.

“I want to focus completely on the club but I certainly do not rule out a possible next call.”

The 20-year-old is among the nine defenders included in Gernot Rohr’s 23-man list for the Green’s test, and pulling out means a replacement has to be named.

0 comments: